Heinrich Seidel (1842-1906) - April
Der weiß nicht, was er will.
Bald lacht der Himmel klar und rein,
Bald schaun die Wolken düster drein,
Bald Regen und bald Sonnenschein!
Eduard Mörike (1805-1875) - Er ist's
Frühling läßt sein blaues Band
wieder flattern durch die Lüfte
süße wohlbekannte Düfte
streifen ahnungsvoll das Land
How to learn and present a poem in German.
1. Read Poem.
2. Translate the Poem literally.
3. Translate the Poem in a way that captures the mood and feeling of the original.
4. Draw/paint the Poem in a way that captures the mood and feeling.
5. Copy the German version of the Poem onto the front of your artwork.
6. Copy your English (good) translation onto the back of the artwork.
7. Memorize the Poem.
8. Recite the Poem in class to Herr Megowan.
9. Recited the Poem a second time during the test.
Deutsch Mit Megowan
- Welcome to German
Ich bin froh wieder angefangen zu haben. If you are new, please spend some time introducing yourself to me before or after class. I really want to get to know all the new freshmen, transfers and exchange students right away. I hope the trimester is off to a great start for each of you and that you will have a lot of success this year! - Herr Megowan
- 2008 Trip to Germany
We will be taking a group to Germany during the summer of 2008. It is still too early to apply but it is never too early to think about saving up some money, practice your German and talking to your parents. Danke! - Megowan
- German Exchange
The 2008 Exchange will be great but I can only take a limited number of students so if you are interested be sure to let me, Mr. Megowan, know on the first day of the next school year.
On another note... the Exchange website is down for "repairs" but will be up again before summer! - Herr Megowan
- German Exchange Website
You can click here for updated information about the GERMAN EXCHANGE