Due Dec. 19
100 paper chain links.
Each link should have:
* A word with a Latin or Greek root
* the definitions of the root(s)
* a sentence using that word (do not write sentences like "I wonder what agoraphobia means.")
Each link should connect to the links next to it by one of the same roots. Examples include: triangle --> tricycle --> bicycle --> bisect --> dissect --> diverge --> converge, etc.
Due Wed., Dec 10
App choices for word work
Tangled Roots: 50 words
Greek/Latin Dragon Game: Every 3 levels counts as a worksheet
Rootology: 200 current exp points
WITS Vocab: Any game where you get >$160 points or higher counts as a worksheet
on a computer: It's Greek to Me 10 points in discus or 20 points in archery count as a worksheet
Fill out one of each of these worksheets (or create your own way to demonstrate that plot is a series of episodes of conflict). At least 8 are due by Nov. 21.
Plot Diagram 1
Plot Diagram 2
Plot Diagram 3
Plot Diagram 4
More short stories for YOU: Here are some short stories
Lots of stories for middle school kids
Due Friday, Oct 24
* The health issue should be named and defined on the front page
* The audience for this issue should be define on the front page
* Artwork should include photos and at least one original drawing
* Articles should fill the brochure but each article should fit in one panel
* There should be one section for tips regarding the health issue
* The back panel needs to include at least 3 other places to get information regarding the issue (this will double as citing your references)
Planetary Trading Cards (starts on second page)
Planetary Model Size Information
Weight on Other Planets
Astronomical Unit Worksheets
Due on Thursday, Oct. 9
3 vocabulary sheets from "Why Does the Sun Shine"
2 vocabulary sheets from "Why Does the Sun Really Shine"
Cornell Notes from Bill Nye Video
Astronomical Unit worksheet activities 1 and 3
Planet Trading Cards
Solar System Model.
The model will be graded on attempted originality and accuracy while noting that it is not possible to have a truly accurate solar system model inside our classroom.
Here are your choices for word work worksheets. You only need to do four of them, but you must get 80% or higher on all worksheets. If you need to redo anything, I'll let you know. When you've completed each worksheet, please put it in Showbie.
Pronoun Worksheet 1
Pronouns Worksheet 2
Pronouns Worksheet 3
Pronouns Worksheet 4
Pronoun Worksheet 5
Pronoun Worksheet 6
Pronoun Worksheet 7
You may choose any book you wish as long as it is around the 6th grade level in reading.
Think about the narration in the book.
Make a triorama (directions here)
Have one Peep as the main character (Peeps have been provided by me)
Attach one paragraph answering the following question: How does the author of your book develop the point of view of the narrator?
Book Project is due Tuesday, Sept. 30. Please let me know if you have any questions.