Here is a link to Chapter 2 The Non-Living Environment
Ecology-Chapter-2 The Non-Living Environment
Here is Chapter 1 of our Ecology text.
We are using the SQ3R reading technique to read this for information.
Interactions of Life
On the January 26th we began reading the first section of this chapter using the SQ3R reading system.
Here are some links to some science games related to chemical and physical changes.
This review also covers information that WILL NOT be tested over like molecules, compounds, and mixtures.
I hope this gives some support for parents and students alike.
Here are some links to help with the element reserch
Look to the previous blog entry for how to cite sources from the internet and other sources using the MLA format. This is one of the most common formats for citing student research.
Here is the assignment that I mentioned in the email.
Here is an example of how the paper should look.
Today, students received an MLA Citations Worksheet.
We talked in class about plagiarism and academic honesty when writing reports.
They also received a guide to help them as they are learning how to make proper citations.
The homework is due on Tuesday 9/30/14. Many students did get a head start in class today.
This is the email I sent home today.
I have asked students to decorate their Science Journals. The rules below are to assist your student with how this is to be done. I want this to be a fun and creative way to get their names and periods on the journals but also a way to learn somethings about your students. I have put some examples on my blog for a reference. This assignment is not due until Friday 9/26/14
Decorating Rules for Science Journals
1. Name and Period on sticky label in the upper right hand corner.
2. Cut out pictures and words that are appropriate for school.
3. Pictures and words should have something to do with you or Science.
4. With a glue stick, glue the pictures into a collage on the cover of your composition book.
5. You can make original art work. Cut it out and paste it onto the composition book.
6. Be creative.
This assignment is not due until Friday 9/26/2014
Here are the examples
Here is a copy of the email I sent home today in regards to your student's homework.
There is a correction on the tools page 2 of the homework. The picture for a test tube is actually a picture of the test tube clamp and the test tube clamp is the picture of the test tube (the images got flipped).
This email is to inform you of many things happening in Science class.
1. Today’s homework is a review assignment.The assignment covers science safety, science tools or equipment, and metric measurement. This assignment is due on Tuesday, September 16th.
2. Your student will have a test over science safety, science tools and metric measurements on Wednesday, September 17th. Your student can study for the exam by using the review (tonight’s homework), flash cards from last week, and the lab activities that we have done leading up to the test. See my blog for the labs and assignments that student’s have been working on.
3. Please keep checking your student’s planner as this is a great daily communication between school and home. Your student should be writing meaningful information in the planner daily.
Thanks again for all of the support. The positive feedback has been tremendous.
Science Teacher BPMS
Here is a link to the assignment
Mr. Scott Harms
- Science email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 503-263-7170 ext.